1932 & 1964 Van der Leeuw (VDL) Research House | Architects: Richard & Dion Neutra | 2300 Silver Lake Blvd. Silver Lake, Los Angeles, CA
This was an experimental home where the Neutra family lived. In the early 1930s, distinguished architects Gregory Ain, H.H. Harris, and Raphael Soriano used it as a workshop as they apprenticed for Richard Neutra. A fire destroyed part of the house in 1963. Richard’s son, Dion Neutra, rebuilt the present structure on the original footprint. The home was willed to Cal Poly Pomona who currently maintains the property. It was declared an Historic-Cultural Monument in 1997.
The Louvre is evacuated before German invasion in 1939, its works returning in 1945